New Content...May be Inappropriate for Little Ears....(okay definitely)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

12/28/08

best friend

This is my 2nd page using this kit - (It's all about the Grunge) by (Kari) Relocated Dixie Girl. (Here is a link to the kit @ scrapitsassy, and her blog is in my faves). Im sure everyone will be wondering if I lost my mind scrapping a stuffed animal...but this little animal is my daughters best friend. She literally carries him everywhere, and has been for almost a year now..its kind of funny, we joke that he's our 2nd child.
I used drop shadows, some color burning on the ribbons, and I used the magic wand tool to cut the animal out of another photo and place it on this layout, I absolutely love that tool now that i've gotten the hang of it. At first all it did was frustrate me because it only seemed to select everything i didnt want selected, (but i think i figured it out, so HA! magic wand tool!) Really though, if you dont usually use this tool, give it another try, its pretty amazing - just zoom in on whatever you want it to select and be sure there is a color difference between what you want selected and do not want selected, otherwise it will pick up stuff you dont want it to. With this one i bumped up the contrast of the whole photo considerably before I used the magic wand, and it made the background deeper and that's how it came out the way i wanted...then I switched the contrast back to normal when i was done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment