New Content...May be Inappropriate for Little Ears....(okay definitely)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

10/3/08

you shine

here is a layout that i used a few different distressing techniques. First, i used a background cardstock of plain cream color, then mounted 3 small photos overlapping each other in the center of the page. the paper on the left side with the blue snowflakes is by Basic Grey, a collection called Figgy Pudding. the other borders are from DCWV.i trimmed the papers with a Fiskars mini trimmer, and tore the edges by hand. when doing this, it works best (for me) to tear toward you, in a slight upward motion very slowly so you keep it somewhat straight.the title is chipboard, which i coated in crystal Stickles to make it pop a bit more, and the flourishes are stamped/hand drawn and outlined with my white Signo pen, and also a very fine tipped brown marker.i distressed the papers by using a Holtz ink pad called Tea Dye, and another called Weathered Wood, which is a deep blue. I used deeper tones on the outer parts, and blended inwards with my fingers. After it dried, i chalked all over with gold and white shimmery chalks by Pebbles, Inc. I also chalked the flowers, and used just a bit of ink on some of them to deepen the colors. finally, i used the crystal stickles to trace the snowflakes on the paper, which i think really made a huge difference in making them stand out more against the distressing.

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say... WOW! Your work is amazing! I love how on these layouts your eye is drawn to the photos. The colors are so vibrant. I really love your work! I found you on Inspirational.

    ReplyDelete