New Content...May be Inappropriate for Little Ears....(okay definitely)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

9/15/08

Bliss


"Bliss" is a layout which i used a 5x7 picture that was altered digitally to turn it black and white, except for keeping the flowers on her diaper the original colors. The pink "joy" you see on the photo is actually a rub-on, with the definition of the word below.
i set the photo at an angle, and outlined all the way around with a opaque white marker pen, as well as some white ink from an ink pad called Staz-On (a color called "cotton white").
i then stamped and doodles the white flourishes with the same white inks. I love to use clear acrylic stamps, but always find myself creating extra doodles around the stamps with my white pen, its just too much fun to resist!
the flowers are all from a kit, called Imaginisce Build-a-Blossom, which contains about 325 blossoms and brads to secure the flowers. The felt butterfly you see actually came from my daughter's barbie doll. I "borrowed" that embellishment from her, ssshhh!
I used green chalks all around the flourishes, and blended the green with some medium blue colored chalks, to match the background paper. And finally, i used a product called "Stickles" which might be the greatest thing to come along (besides chalk of course) in a long time...Stickles are little bottles of glittery glue gel that come in about 50 colors. I used a color called Icicle, and outlined my white flourishes with it. I also used the Stickles around the photo border and on the blooms to make it really sparkle.

1 comment: